Pain is often caused due to inflammation of the body’s soft tissue, such as muscles and tendons.
Your pain may not be restricted to a certain place so injuries and muscle problems can often lead to issues in other parts of your body.
There are several causes of muscular and tissue problems, and these include:
- Severe trauma such as a car accident or a serious fall
- Everyday incidents, work related repetitive strain injuries and poor posture
- Taking part in a strenuous activity resulting in a strain, such as gardening, moving heavy and awkward objects, sports and gym training.
- Post operative work and rehabilitation
- Degenerative issues, such as earlier stages of Parkinson's Disease and Multiple Sclerosis
I use gentle orthopaedic and sports massage to locate the key problem areas, and to reduce pain and restore function.
Passive stretching techniques can also re-educate muscles to relax and lengthen so that movement and flexibility can be restored free of pain.
With all parts of the body, conditions can be dramatically improved and sometimes eliminated by appropriate muscle treatment.